Out Leadership and Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate (BHGRE) launched a new business brief on LGBT+ issues in the U.S. real estate market.
Out Leadership founder and principal Todd Sears and BHGRE President and CEO Sherry Chris unveiled the brief in a presentation at the third annual conference of the National Association of Gay & Lesbian Real Estate Professionals, in Fort Lauderdale.
The brief argues that real estate professionals and organizations who embrace inclusion as a core principle have the opportunity to set themselves apart from the crowd in a competitive marketplace, particularly because the legal landscape in the United States for LGBT+ people is so murky, and because the concerns of potential clients are so prevalent.
Topics covered include:
- LGBT+ population density, by state
- The LGBT+ market opportunity, including the amplifying effect of the ally marketplace
- The current legal landscape for LGBT+ home buyers
- The impact of marriage equality on household legitimization, family creation, and real estate market engagement
- The imperative for organizations to address concerns about LGBT+ issues held by Millennials